Monday, August 31, 2015

Dior Diorskin Star SPF30 PA++

Finding a foundation that works for your skin type is worth its weight in gold. And I may have just found mine in the form of Dior's Diorskin Star.


Name: Dior Diorskin Star SPF30 PA++ 011 Crème
Price: RM 175 for 30 ml
Made in: France

Inspired by the professional illuminating techniques and expertise of its makeup artists, Dior invents Diorskin Star, its first brightening foundation: a weightless fluid capable of instantly and lastingly recreating the spectacular and perfecting light of Dior studios.
Dior


I was colour matched to both 011 Crème and 021 Linen after I mentioned my preference for yellow toned bases. I went home with 011, a light beige, because I feared oxidation. On hindsight, I should have gone with 021. I tan easily, so at this very moment, 011 is far too fair on me.


I am in love with the stunning finish... one thin layer yields light coverage and the second, dabbed over areas needing more attention will form an impeccable skin-like veil. I get eight hours of touch up free wear and find that it works extremely well in sweltering heat.


Without


With

It has to be worn with a powder in tow. The powder will keep the foundation in place and also prevent it from oiling up overmuch. After some experimentation, I found out that the brand (Dior, Make Up For Ever, Nars) and the type of powder (loose or pressed) does not matter as long as I dust some on. If you go without a powder, be on the lookout for it pooling in the pores on the nose after the sixth hour mark.


I have only used it with a sponge wedge so far. During the makeover, the BA used the Fluid Foundation Sponge to apply the foundation on me, and dare I say that I can't quite forget how marvelous my skin looked? Haha! The next time I am in the vicinity of a Dior boutique, I will make it a point to stop by for the sponge and also take a look at the Cosmopolite Fall 2015 collection (if it hasn't sold out already).

The full ingredient list for Diorskin Star SPF30 PA++:
Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Nano), Glycerin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Lecithin, Tromethamine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Palmitic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Sodium Phosphate, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Magnesium Hydroxide, Tocopherol. [+/-: CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

0 comments :